Wednesday, October 7, 2009

We leave in the morning...

So we are in the last stages of getting everything collected and making sure it is all taken care of before we catch our flight first thing in the morning. I still have to drop my truck off at the dealer so they can work on it while we are gone. We still have a few hoops to jump through before we begin this completely unprecedented trip of ours, but we are getting close.

Insurance cards... check.
Clothes and luggage... check.
Cashier's check... uh... check.
Map to get us home... check.

On a fun note, we will be trying to fly with a firearm for the first time. I have never tried this, but I have seen people at the airport with long rifles and shotguns and it didn't seem to be that big of a deal. We will give it a shot. Heh. Punny.

Our flight leaves at 8am. I'll likely post something up in the morning before we leave. Heck, I'll probably post something else tonight before we go to bed as well. So far, so good. I spoke with the Sullivan's (they are the folks we are meeting in Idaho to purchase their coach) and they are ready for us. They will be meeting us at the airport with our new home on wheels. Elizabeth took the coach down for a wash and filled the propane for us so we won't have to worry about freezing in the 30 degree nights we are expecting up there. I thought that was pretty nice of her.

All in all, this should be a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. have a safe trip! can't wait to hear all about it! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete