Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving on the lake...




I get the feeling that, although I do enjoy a bit of writing now and again, this blog will likely become more photographs than text at some point in the near future. As I am never sure who will be reading it, if anyone actually does, I despise having to watch what I say.

So, I'll likely start relaying more of our trips and outtakes from them with pictures.

Thanksgiving was an interesting one this year. We decided, rather than spend so much time driving to and from several locations, we would take a more simplistic approach. Pick a holiday. If you want Thanksgiving, the other side gets Christmas and vise versa. While this made for quite a few hurt feelings, everyone seemed to understand. Our second choice was to split for the holidays and be miserable, but make everyone else happy. We have grown tired of trying to make everyone else happy.

We had a good time at the Thanksgiving feast. We did some really self destructive eating. Tis the season, right? After the feast, we had a camping trip planned to the lake. It had been planned for quite some time, but as the day drew closer, mother in law decided that she didn't want to go. This left just CeeJay, her dad and me. We ended up having quite a good time.

I guess I'll just move on to the photos. The entire series can be seen HERE.

1 comment:

  1. i enjoy reading your blog...and in my humble opinion, you say what you want to say...hurt feelings aside, it is part of who you are!! my mantra - always keep yourself #1...if you're not happy, then no one will be happy!!

    love you both!

    ReplyDelete